Friday, January 29, 2010

A Great Day of Shopping, Gaming and Goofing



Well it was a great day all the way around. Work was kinda slow and at about 1:00 pm Nectarsis walked in to the Grand Chateau in Las Vegas. I gave him a quick tour of the property and introduced him to some of my co-workers and then proceded to beg my boss for an early out LOL. I didnt really have to beg I just asked and he let me take off :)

We hopped in the Tacoma and headed out to a few gamestops and Gameworld which is one of last Ma and Pop gamestores in Las Vegas. I went to Casa De Windy picked up my camera and we shuffled away to Oldskools new house to pick him up. After getting Oldskool we started hitting the gamestops where I was hell bent on finding a copy of Everquest Adventures for the PS2 (I seriously don't know what I would have done with it when I found it) Nectarsis found a couple games he was lookin for while I combed through the PS2 games lookin for everquest :) I almost bit on a copy of Baldurs Gate Dark alliance on gamecube at the second gamestop we came too.

I was holding out for the big prize though......Everquest Adventures on PS2 LOL. After a few gamestops we got a call from Roy that if didn't get our butts over to his house our dinner was going to get cold. But we had 1 more stop....Gameworld! I had a 10 dollar gift certificate from my good friend Oldskool left over from Christmas burning a hole in my pocket. We arrived at Gameworld and I really like the new look of the store they had stuff everywhere and lots of old junk! I love IT! I picked up a copy of I Spy on the Dreamcast with my gift certificate and then I spotted it..... Holy crap everquest online adventures for the PS2 AAAAAAHHHHHH the holy grail of games. (not really I just need to make this story good) I picked up the Everquest and was going to take the game to the counter where Oldskool was buying his game and act like I wanted to trade the I spy in for the everquest. I just put it back though and decided maybe I will look to see if the servers are still up. So we left to get our cold dinner at Roys house.

When we got to Roys we shot the breeze a bit then the gaming started. Roy started off by showing us how good he is at Aeroblasters. Which is actually pretty darn good. Then it was on with a Moto Roader Fest of epic proportion! Windy wins! Windy wins! I have to say though I didnt think I had a chance as Roy led most of the way while Oldskool just kept on throwing grenades! After the Moto Roader was done we started to do a gang beating on Bonk's Revenge but for some reason we started running out of gas.....So we put in Magical Chase (OMG we were chain gaming all of a sudden!) and watched Oldskool beat the sissy level err the easy level I think it was. Roys House is the ultimate gamers play ground. Thanks for having us Roy it was a great time as usual and thanks for the cold pizza!

9 comments:

Oldskool said...

It was a great evening. And the fried cream cheese caramel doo hickeys were to die for.

Unknown said...

Man i wish i could of been there to hang out with you guys it sounded like a fun night! Well maybe i will get to see you guys at the Midwest Gaming Classic this year.:)

Windancer said...

Well Bad news Nectarsis cant make it and I dont think im going to make it as I used up my vacation time :( hopefully soon though

Unknown said...

Bummer and after the talk i had with my wife i might not be making it either lots of bills to pay.

Windancer said...

Im hoping that the classic gaming expo will be back downtown this summer here in vegas I think its ran by atari age

Unknown said...

Now today my wife calls me from her work wanting to know the date of the MGC this year so i guess am going now.

Windancer said...

sweet I will try and get there but NEC will be out of town. btw if you need a discount at marriott let me know Jboy I have a friends code you can use for residence inns and courtyards. probably like 39.00 per night

nectarsis said...

Oldschool and his DAMN GRENADES!!! lol I had a blast both with the game shopping, and gamer night at Roys...damn good time.

Aetherbyte said...

That shop is pretty awesome.

Nectarsis has to get into Pangya for PC so we can all play tournaments together.